Tuesday, April 12, 2011

{wishin' and hopin' and thinkin'}

Well, my little cloud has lifted!  And my single girl roller coaster is on the UP!  The Smile emailed me last night… a nice, long email.  And so did the cajun cutie!  Plus a new one in the works.  I would love to dish and gush about it all, but I am wondering just how much to reveal on this superhighway of information for the entire world to see.  I think that the point of this blog is to record my journey through singledom and not necessarily tell everyone everything about all of those involved. 

So… lets just say…. YIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!  I am so glad that this process is still chugging along and hope that it results in an actual date soon.  I haven’t had a date since Mr. Fish. 

Being paired with HUNDREDS of guys has only resulted in 1 date and 1 meeting in the last 2 months.  I wonder if people going into this process think it is going to produce immediate results.  I have to say, I did the online dating thing once before and only for a few weeks.  I got to the emailing stage and phone conversations pretty quickly with a handful of guys, but I only met one of them.  I ended up dating the one guy I met for about a month, which resulted in me ending my membership early.  The same kind of thing happened when I joined again.  The first week or so you seem to get the good matches and communication comes smoothly.  But things get hung up and some of those people you thought were on the path to an actual date seem to drop off the face of the earth.  You do have to keep in mind that they too are getting new matches every day and talking with several people at once.  So it is still a big gamble.  It is interesting to think that when you are matched with over 400 people in a two month period that it is still very hard to find someone.  All of the stars have to align just right… you have to write enough in your profile to represent yourself well, you have to have the right photographs, you have to answer his questions correctly, and you have to keep up with it all without seeming too eager.  And all of this while hoping there isn’t someone else who he gets matched with that catches his eye and interest more than you.  It is all just a big roll of the dice… but you are putting yourself out there more than you would if you were doing it all on your own.

Ok… sorry… it is mind-blowing… I have had over 400 matches come through my inbox.  Can you imagine that… a line up of 400 guys?  Talk about pick of the litter.  And here I am still wishin’ and hopin’ and  thinkin’ and prayin’… plannin’ and dreamin’… ok, enough Dionne Warwick.  But still, it is pretty crazy that out of 400 guys I have had only 1 date.  But, I do not want to just date for dating’s sake.  I want to connect with someone and I think that is still out there.  I think there are still great possibilities in the Dating Dozen. 

'Cau-au-ause, you won't get him
Thinkin' and a-prayin'
Wishin' and a-hopin'

'Cause wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'
Plannin' and dreamin' his kisses will star-art
That won't get you into his heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment