Wednesday, April 27, 2011

{burnout…}

I think I have gotten into an online dating slump.  I am burnt out on the millions of matches and no results.  It is a little disappointing when you realize that you have had over 600 guys come across your path and you have only met 3 of them.  And 2 out of those 3 both said they were interested in getting together again, only to flake out and never call.  The one thing I can say about online dating vs run-of-the-mill dating is that with online dating the guys are juggling many other options and with your standard meet-someone-in-a-bar-or-through-friends dating those guys usually only have you as an option.  I just hope that someday I will be the only option, or at least the favorite option.

There is a little good news to my gloom.  I finally got to talk to The Smile!!!  He is my favorite option!  He has been from the day I was matched with him and even though it has been a long slow process for us to get to actual communication he is still worth it.  I can’t wait to meet him (which will hopefully happen tomorrow.)  And I hope all of my expectations that I have conjured up in my mind come true.  I think he is the one who will get me the most, who would fit into my lifestyle, who would enjoy meeting and visiting my family, and so on and so on…

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he is the solution to this online dating slump.  I am hoping that he can be the reason I can sign off of it for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment