Friday, April 15, 2011

{speak up}

I think I have learned a valuable life lesson.  “Always wear clean underwear!” NO, not that one… although it should be a given!  And I’d like to upgrade it to be “Life is too short to wear boring underwear.”  Ok, enough kidding aside… I have learned to speak up.  And not even in the out loud sense.  I have seen a pattern in instances where I am blue, or worried, or nervous, or what-have-you where I will spend a day or two fretting about it mulling it over, letting my feelings get amplified, getting really down in the dumps, and all without saying a word about it.  I have found that when I express my feelings, whether it be talking to someone, writing about it on here, or even just giving myself a moment to actually sit down and define the feelings I am having, I find that things get resolved much faster.  Even when there isn’t a specific problem, per say, things tend to always look up after I explain my situation to someone.  For instance, the other day when I was so blue and was complaining about my crazy roller coaster ride being all down hill lately… well, the day after I posted that I got emails from a few of the Dozen.  And even now as I write this I have received an invite to meet one of the newbies… The Bostonian! (more on him later) So here is my little mantra from now on… Speak Up!!!  I will now resort to blabbing on here about matters that bother me or bring me down.  I will admit to them and try to explain them… and with any luck in my new hypothesis… things will start to look up.

So… The Bostonian.  He is the newest addition to the Dating Dozen… I think he has successfully secured the vacant spot in the lineup.  He burst onto the scene without apologies.  He was very bold and forwent the “guided communication” process by sending me a very confident, admiring, and humorous email.  I really enjoyed the fact that he liked my profile so much that he wanted to bypass the back and forth.  It was nice that he pointed out the things that caught his eye and he even had the chutzpah to make fun of my spelling mistakes.  He was still open to answering questions and now we have moved past the dating site email to our personal emails… which again gives me the opportunity to Google!!!  And I have to say… he has a FUN last name.  So BRAVO to him for being forward in a good way and for being on track...  it only took his third email to ask to meet up.

No comments:

Post a Comment