Wednesday, April 6, 2011

{off track}

Ahhh... I think I have gotten a bit off track.  I need to consult my spreadsheet... YES SPREADSHEET... to see where I am with all of this match up craziness.  The fact that I get 7 matches a day keeps this online dating thing a constant chore.  But, I am optimistic that it will result in something good... scratch that... something GRRRRRREAT!!! <---channeling a little Tony the Tiger there.


Ok... so I should at least focus on the Dating Dozen...


The Smile: <swoon> I emailed him yesterday... he usually takes a few days to get back to me... I wait...


Ray of Sunshine: I responded to his email 2 weeks ago... and no reply from him... hmmmm... and he was a favorite... well, that's the nature of the online dating game I guess... I may hold out hope for another week or so for him.


Cajun Cutie: I emailed him today... I had been out of touch since my race and vacation... I am hoping he will take the initiative and ask me out so we can finally meet.


Angry Birds: I think he has flown the coop... I saw him out at a bar and I am pretty sure he saw me but wasn't interested in leaving the people he was with to talk to me... I think he is going in the Acquaintance Atrium and off the Dating Dozen list.


The Greek:  Met him before I left for my race/vacation.  I was glad to recognize that his profile (pictures and descriptions) were very accurate in person.  It was a very casual meeting and I was with a friend, so I am still interested to see how a one on one situation would go.  Texting has resumed.


Georgia on my Mind: He emailed me before my race/vacation and I hadn't responded.  I just emailed him now and am happy to be back in touch.  Another one that I hope will grab the reins and set up a date soon.  I guess I could suggest it, but I like to be a bit old fashioned and wait for the guy to give it a go.  But, if they need a bit of a push sometimes, I will jump in.


Military Man:  I answered the Military Man's open-ended questions and sent him mine... this was 13 days ago (according to my little online elf)... I'm wondering if I didn't make it through Basic???


The Steeler:  The Steeler sent me email... I have procrastinated with him.  I can't remember if we actually went through the entire questiony questiony process... I'll have to look on my computer (since my app don't do that.)  I could just answer his email... but I am a little if-y about  him.  He seems nice and normal, but I wonder if we will connect.


The Guru:  I think I ruled out The Guru when I got more interesting matches... he kind of fell by the wayside and I think he many have a replacement soon enough.


The Old Guy:  Same thing for the old guy... honestly... I can't even remember which one he is.  I could go back and look, but that should tell me something if I wasn't impressed enough to remember him. Eh... there are more new matches daily... a few cuties from yesterday and today may be moving in.


The Nose: Hmm... I am still wishy-washy about him too... can you tell I have favorites and fillers?  But I do want to give the fillers a chance, especially is some of the favorites are dropping off the face of the dating earth.


The Prez:  He was a new one that was to replace Mr. Fish... I still haven't responded to his communication.  Guess I will reevaluate my matches and see if he makes the cut... sheesh... I feel like an employer interviewing for a single open position... but I guess that is what this is.


I tell you what, I never thought I would be 31(ish) and interviewing for the position of the love of my life.  I guess it comes differently for everyone.  I can only imagine if i were to have settled for any of my "almosts" what my life would be like.  I may have been able to have a wedding and possibly the family I want, but I do not believe I would be happy.  So, here I am... searching... hoping... and saying {hello} to a lot of new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment