Tuesday, March 22, 2011

{the run down... part 1}

Ok… Here’s the run down of the Dating Dozen…

Mr. Fish… he was the first to sail through the guided communication obstacle course.  I really appreciated that he was well worded and answered in actual sentences as opposed to grunts or 2 word pairings.  We spoke on the phone and seemed to, right away, form a bond over the mishaps of the online dating world.  We had our first date, which was enjoyable, but he called me out for talking too much (saying it was a defense mechanism.)  Even though he is right, (I tend to ramble when I am nervous) it is usually to people I am comfortable with.  I feel like we have this kinship from having had similar experiences in the fine world of dating, but I think after our second date (which I don’t know if I would classify as a “date”) that I am realizing the kinship for mutual experiences may be as far as this one goes.  It has made me realize that it is possible to feel comfortable and friendly with someone without having that certain chemistry that is VERY important.  I do feel bad because I have yet to express this to him; it is just a recent realization.  But I can give him credit for setting the bar on communication.  I do give BIG brownie points for those who can express themselves in writing (without being too wordy… there’s a fine line.)  So… Mr. Fish has me thinking I need to keep looking for the other fish in the sea and put him in the “friendship tank.”

The Smile… ahh that smile!  His first communication was that my profile “brought a smile to his face” and I replied with “I love your smile” (since I was restricted to a list of corny selections that the harmonious heads limit you to.)  Then… nothing… for what seemed like forever.  At first I thought maybe he wasn’t a paying member of the site yet and couldn’t communicate… but one morning <ding> there it was… his first 5 questions.  I get instant notification on my super-smart-phone (yep, there’s an app for that) when I get any communication from a match and I have to restrain myself from replying right away not to seem like an eager beaver.  But his notification sure as heck brought a SMILE to my face!  I casually answered his questions and sent mine… and low and behold the next day he sent his list of qualities… I couldn’t help myself this time and I sent my qualities right away… and now I wait… again… patiently…

On another note: The Smile is one of those that has the bells and whistles sound effect going off!!!! He is very easy to look at, comes across very sincere in his profile, he wants kids, has cats (now usually this could be a red flag for guys but when you have a smile like The Smile then you get a blue ribbon instead of a red flag for loving cats), he is close with his family, has good taste in music, and… and… AND… he is an Alabama fan.  Now, I am not an Alabama fan myself, but by him being an Alabama fan tells me that he has some ties to the South and I am a stickler for a southern boy who would enjoy going to see my mama and daddy in Sweet Home Alabama!  So… The Smile is at the top of my list… if he would only hurry and answer me back…

No comments:

Post a Comment