Tuesday, August 9, 2011

{gone fishing}

So…

I guess I went through online dating withdrawals…

Not really, but it was a bit depressing not to have options sent to your mailbox daily.  I think that aspect kept my hopes up.  I would still love to meet someone the old fashioned way, you know… like... while I’m grocery shopping... and we both reach for the same ripe tomato… or something like that.  But I like the idea of having a steady stream of possibilities without having to leave the house.  Don’t get me wrong, I am not holding myself up in my room.  But I can stay home and get things done and all the while have opportunities coming to my inbox… it is dating multitasking.

Since I didn’t have a good success rate with the whole harmonious dot come site, I was curious as to the things I’ve heard about this fishing one.  It’s free… that can’t be good.   You get what you pay for right?  Well, let’s just say I am testing the waters right now.  The good thing about fishing is... if they don’t measure up, you can always throw them back!  And so far I have a decent little fish tank going on.  I do feel like I still have control of the situation and can block those fish that are way too scaly and slimy.  There are definitely guys on there that have no intention of being caught; they just want to pull at your line.  I’ve been a single angler girl for so long, I can usually spot them a nautical mile away.

And on an amusing note… I have already seen an ex boyfriend, an old classmate, and a co-worker swim by.  I guess there really are plenty of fish in the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment