Wednesday, June 15, 2011

{gut feelings or OCD?}

What is the difference between over analyzing and intuition?  When you are dating someone and you start thinking “maybe he’s not that into me because he hasn’t made an effort to see me when I know he doesn’t have other plans”… is this over analyzing or is it intuition kicking in to prepare you… and if you concentrate on it will it become a self fulfilled prophecy? 

When I am in relationships I can handle my heart… I can let it go, feel all it wants, and even if it gets hurt, I can handle that too.  What I can’t handle is my head.  How can I turn off the constant thought?  And should I?  I have always had accurate gut feelings and when I get to the point I start thinking things that involve my gut I should go ahead and call it quits.  But again, can it be self fulfilling?  Is that my defense mechanism or some sort of OCD? 

Will there be someone who comes along and just wipes all of it away?  Will my thoughts and concerns finally be reduced to how much I like him or how much I LIKE him?  I never want to be blind sided and I can see the security in being aware, but I think I would like some sort of balance of being blissfully unaware and being content.  Someday… right?

No comments:

Post a Comment