Monday, June 20, 2011

{Back to the Dating Board??}

Here I go again… back to actually paying attention to the ever so daunting online dating matches.  I shouldn’t sound so forlorn about it.  I should be excited for the possibilities.  But in all honesty, it is a bit discouraging when try after try does not work out.  I do not want to count out The Smile completely, but I have to think that if for two weekends in a row he makes no attempt at seeing me, then he must not be that interested.  It’s sad because he still makes me smile, I guess the idea of him makes me smile… but I need the reality.  I need a REAL boyfriend, one who wants to spend time with me.

It does make me wonder what I do to drive them away… can I chalk it up to opening up too much too soon?  Not staying mysterious?  Or is it a factor of the online dating community where he is constantly given new matches (as am I)?  Well, I guess I just go back to the dating board!

I have two matches that I have been communicating with.  One has called me and he seems like a great guy and we have had a really good 3 hour conversation.  However, he is traveling and I am traveling and we will not be able to meet up for a few weeks… We will name him Dr. Root Canal (I’m sure that will make some of you cringe… but hey… it’s what he does.)

There is another match that I need to email back… we shall dub him To Russia With Love.  I am a little reluctant because he only has one picture on his profile and I have a little hang up about that.  If you cannot come up with at least three pictures of yourself then it makes me wonder a bit.  Do you not have good friends or have good times where cameras are involved?  In your 30 some odd years (preferably in the last year or two) do you not have more than one picture of yourself that you care for?  I am picky about photos myself, but I will find ones that represent who I am so that I can give the right impression.

Any who…

We will see where things go with Dr. Root Canal and To Russia With Love.  Ha… I have so much fun making up these names… maybe I should stick around the online dating for the giggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment