Thursday, November 10, 2011

{day 1}

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Where I am… where am I?  I am in a rut.  I am neither happy, nor sad.  I feel a need for change.  Not major change, but improvement.  On that note, I found this quote tonight:

Today I want you to ask yourself this one question, “Why not you?”  Why not you to do something for work that you love?  Why not you to have a healthy body? Why not you to have healthy love?  Why not you to be, have, or do anything you have ever dreamed?  We are so quick to think others are deserving over ourselves.  The truth is that we are all deserving.  So why not you? ~Jillian Michaels

Sometimes I feel like I need my own personal Jillian to hold me accountable.  Why can’t my will power be Jillian re-incarnated?  Is it re-incarnation when it is not an actual being?  I digress… I’m going to start using Jillian as a verb.  Time to Jillian up this situation.  I need a Jillian Cricket on my shoulder.

Ok Jillian… I’m buying it.  Why not me?

I deserve to be happy with myself, my life, my habits, and my relationships.

So… Day 1:  I keep thinking that I didn’t do much.  In fact I feel like I failed on the nutritional side of my “DIET.”  However, I did get things done around the house and I tackled the mountain of laundry.  I also put a halt on the dating scene by telling a couple of suitors that I had plans through the weekend.

So, in retrospect, Day 1 was a good start.  Let’s see how Day 2 will go…

No comments:

Post a Comment