Friday, July 8, 2011

{So...}

Here we go again…

I am trying to sequester my hopefulness.  But should I?  With all the ups and downs and ups and downs I am still so very hopeful and believe that one of them will stick… someday!  I feel like I am right back in the saddle again, except I am not going to do the whole Dating Dozen.  That’s just too much to handle and keep track of.  Right now I am learning to juggle with four.  And I have a feeling that may drop to three or even two very soon.

Let’s see… there is Dr. Root Canal, To Russia with Love, The Biologist, and You’ve Got Mail.  And personally…. Wait… what am I talking about “personally”, of course it is personal, this is all about me isn’t it? Ok… honestly… I think that The Biologist is on the top of the list.  But I am going off of one really great email.  I get this feeling that he is the best fit for me.  I like the similarities of his family and mine.  I like that he is an outdoorsy guy.  I like that he would fit in very well with my friends and my family. 

So… here we go again.  I am trying not to get excited and go through the same motions all over again.  But shouldn’t I get excited if that’s what I am?  Am I naïve if I let this happen over and over again or is that the nature of dating?  I want to be thankful that I have this opportunity again.  I want to be happy that there is someone that makes me hopeful still.  I don’t want to dwell on all the times that didn’t work out.  I choose to be the Pollyanna of the dating world. (I wonder how many people will get that reference)

So… here we go again.  Maybe bachelor number 1,004 will be the one.   

No comments:

Post a Comment